disclaimer

warning: you are about to enter my mind

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Can you blog to the glory of God?

I hope so. Jesus died for me. I know I may not get that, I don't fully comprehend it. But he did, and he suffered pain both physical and mental, for me. Count it all joy my brethren when you share in the sufferings of Christ. That may not be in the Bible verbatim, but its in there. If not for the pain, I would forget the triumph. It is a merciful blessing to be reminded that this is not our home. And without pain I never would remember. I may not react well in the pain. But eventually, in hindsight I am thankful for the pain. Thank you for letting me share in yours.

there are no words.

He has done all this...the fear of abandonment he has felt. He made friends. He was close to them. He gave all he was into those friendships. Then they abandoned him. Then he died for them. I have yet to suffer, let alone die for anyone. But I know...I know what it would have been like to be abandoned by them. He mercifully allowed me to share that pain with him. To get it, just a little.

*deep breath*
Lord, don't ever let me forget the lesson of suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment