disclaimer

warning: you are about to enter my mind

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A recipe, sort of.

Chicken Fried Rice:

Cook rice with appropriate amount of chicken bouillon dissolved in water in a pan. While that is doing its thing:

In a bowl:
1-3 tsp/several splashes liquid smoke
Add soy sauce (low sodium)-a decent amount.
Add slightly less balsamic vinigar than soy sauce, but more than the liq. smoke.
Also add worshesteshire sauce. I can't believe I spelled that right on my first attempt. Smell the mixture, then add more W sauce if it still smells like liq. smoke, but not a lot more. Don't smell again.
Put veggies in wok. Broccoli, peas, other stuff. Add more sauce to the sauce bowl cause it doesn't look like enough. A little bit of everything but liq smoke. With a little too much emphasis on the W. sauce.
Scramble 2-3 eggs if you forgot to earlier. Add between 1 splash and 1 sploosh (pronounced like "soon") of milk to the eggs. This is probably where you would add water chestnuts or bean sprouts to the wok if you had any. If you don't, just skip that step.

Steam veggies, or do something until they are not frozen/heated through throughly. Note how similer the last two words in the previous sentance are. Add rice, and veggies to wok. Turn up to high heat. Add some saflower oil and chicken. More chicken if you like a lot of chicken, less chicken if you like less chicken. Cook till cooked.

Here comes the hard part.

Make a moderately large sized hole in conglamoration of food in wok. Add eggs. Push them around, without getting any of the conglamorate in it for about a minute or two until they are starting to cook, then kinda stirfry/mix in the edges until the egg is all mixed in. The goal is you don't just want to coat everything in egg and it gets gooey. Then eat.

Also, sushi vinegar because I forgot about that. If this doesn't make sense, that's ok by me. Its really just my notes of my second time making chicken fried rice off the top of my head so I can hopefully make it similarly to the first time I made it, since it came out good then. This batch? Not as good, because I forgot somethings. But hopefully batch #3 will be good again!  Kudos for reading this until the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment